GENERAL REHEATING TIPS
- Remember, all meats arrive fully cooked and only need to be reheated to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- To defrost safely, let thaw overnight in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours or under cold running water for 2-3 hours.
- Never defrost at room temperature.
- Never defrost or reheat meat in the microwave.
- Always remove meat from plastic before cutting or reheating.
DREAMLAND BASTE RECIPE
- Mix 75% Dreamland BBQ Sauce with 25% distilled white vinegar. (vinegar added to help prevent sauce from charring too quickly)
RIB REHEATING TIPS
- Use tongs to turn ribs instead of a fork. Fork may pierce the ribs, causing the loss of juices and flavor.
- Never leave grill unattended.
- Do not reheat slabs on a gas grill with grill lid open. Grill will lose the 350°F-400°F temperature required to reheat slabs properly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ribs on a foil lined baking sheet, meat side up. Brush with baste, if desired. Place sheet on middle rack of oven for 15-20 minutes or until hot.
Outdoor Gas Grill
- Preheat grill to medium heat (350°F-400°F). Place ribs on grill, meat side down and close lid. Every two minutes, flip slab and baste, if desired, always making sure to keep lid closed. Depending on your grill, it will take 8-12 minutes to heat ribs thoroughly.
- Same as gas grill, only DO NOT COVER GRILL. It will take 5-10 minutes; be sure to flip slabs often.
HICKORY SMOKED SAUSAGE
Gas or Charcoal Grill
- Remove thawed sausage from plastic and leave whole. Reheat for 8-10 minutes, turning often.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove sausage from plastic and split thawed sausage in half lengthwise. Place in a pan and place on middle rack. Reheat for 5 minutes then turn sausage over and heat for 5 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap butt loosely in heavy duty aluminum foil with 1 cup of water added to allow steam to circulate throughout. Cook for 2-3 hours until meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Wrap butt loosely in heavy duty aluminum foil with 1 cup of water added to allow steam to circulate throughout. Place on grill and heat until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Cook time can vary from 1.5 to 2.5 hours.
Slow Cooker Method
- Trim excess fat. Add 2 cups of water to cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours until meat reaches and internal temperature of 165°F. For additional flavor add 1 cup of Dreamland BBQ Sauce on top of butt before cooking.
PULLED PORK and CHOPPED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Loosen meat with fork and place on baking pan, place in oven on middle rack. Heat for 20-30 minutes or until hot. If you prefer your BBQ wet, place meat in an oven-safe dish with at least 1 inch of depth and coat meat with Dreamland BBQ Sauce. Cover pan, place on middle rack and follow the same reheating instructions. Overheating will dry and toughen meat, so check meat frequently.
GEORGIA PECAN PIE
- Dreamland pies arrive fully cooked and flash frozen, store pie in freezer until ready to eat. If warm pie is preferred; Preheat oven to 325°F, remove pie from plastic wrap and place entire pie, still in foil pan, into oven and bake for 8-12 minutes. Can't wait? Simply cut frozen pie into individual slices and let thaw in refrigerator for 5-7 minutes.
BARBECUE BAKED BEANS
- Dreamland baked beans arrive fully cooked. To reheat, thaw slightly and remove from container. Heat in sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beans reach desired temperature. For a more down home flavor, add sautéed onions to beans before reheating.